Cannot Enable Scroll Versions in the App Manager
Scroll Versions has disabled itself in Confluence's app manager and is not possible to enable.
Due to required compatibility changes for supporting Confluence 8, many of our Scroll apps share dependencies within the bundled app Scroll Runtime. These dependencies were introduced within Scroll Runtime 3.0.0.
In short, this means:
- If you use two or more Confluence 8 compatible app versions, you need to upgrade all affected Scroll apps to the version the dependency was introduced (see list below) or the latest possible version.
- Scroll Runtime needs to be installed and be using version 3.0.0.
Below you'll find a list of the app versions that share these dependencies with each other:
- Scroll Viewport v2.21.0
- Scroll Versions v4.4.0
- Scroll Translations v4.4.0
- Scroll PDF Exporter v5.9.0
- Scroll Word Exporter v5.9.0
- Scroll CHM Exporter v3.10.0
- Scroll DocBook Exporter v3.10.0
- Scroll EclipseHelp Exporter v3.10.0
- Scroll EPUB Exporter v3.10.0
- Scroll HTML Exporter v3.10.0
Hence, there are some scenarios which can cause Scroll Versions and Scroll Platform to disable themselves:
- If another Confluence 8 compatible Scroll app is installed along with Scroll Runtime 3.0.0, but Scroll Versions and Scroll Platform uses an older version than 4.4.0
- If Scroll Versions and Scroll Platform 4.4.0 are installed, but Scroll Runtime is using a version older than 3.0.0
Depending on the cause you have defined, you'll need to upgrade Scroll Versions or Scroll Runtime. If none of the causes apply, contact our support via: help@K15t.com
If you are on Server and your maintenance license for Scroll Versions has expired, this will prevent you from updating any of the the affected apps. As an alternative, you can choose to downgrade Scroll Versions, Scroll Platform, and Scroll Runtime. For more information, see: Downgrade to a Previous Version of Scroll Versions
If another Confluence 8 compatible Scroll app is installed along with Scroll Runtime 3.0.0, but Scroll Versions and Scroll Platform uses an earlier version than 4.4.0
In this case, you need to update Scroll Versions and Scroll Platform to the latest versions compatible with your Confluence system:
- Navigate to Manage apps.
- Find Scroll Versions in the list of apps.
- Click Update if Scroll Versions uses a version older than 4.4.0.
Scroll Platform comes bundled with Scroll Versions and should be updated automatically to the same version as Scroll Versions.
Scroll Versions and Scroll Platform 4.4.0 are installed, but Scroll Runtime is using an earlier version than 3.0.0
In this scenario, you need to update Scroll Runtime to 3.0.0 or the latest available version:
- Navigate to Manage apps.
- Find Scroll Versions, Scroll Platform, and Scroll Runtime in the list of apps.
- Click Uninstall for all three apps.
- Install Scroll Versions again to the latest version compatible with you Confluence system.
Scroll Platform and Scroll Runtime should be installed automatically with the correct versions when you install Scroll Versions.