Basic Authentication Change Notice
This year, Atlassian has announced to deprecate certain REST API endpoints as well as HTTP Basic Authentication with username and password for Jira Cloud starting on 1st of December 2018. That means, if you are synchronizing a Jira Server and Jira Cloud instance, please follow the steps in this article to make sure you're up to date.
Update Backbone Issue Sync on Jira Server
Please update your Backbone Issue Sync installation on your Jira Server to version 3.8.2 or higher.
Check if you already use an API token
- Go to https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens and login with the Atlassian account of your synchronization user.
- You can then view the list of API tokens you already use for this account.
- If you don't see any tokens, you are not using it yet.
- If you have some tokens, you have to judge yourself if you're using them already for your Backbone synchronizations.
- If you're not using it already, please create an API token, give it a meaningful name and copy the token to a temporary place.
Update synchronization to use an API token
Please go to the connection screen of the synchronization. In the upper right corner, you can edit the connection. Then you can enter the password for your Jira Server connection and the new API token for your Jira Cloud connection.
If you're not already using an email address as a user name, you might want to switch to an email address as detailed in this guide.
Do you need help?
Please email us at email@example.com.