Synchronize Jira Server with Jira Cloud
This use case describes how you can synchronize Jira issues between a Jira Server and a Jira Cloud instance. This can be helpful when you want to:
- Synchronize a private with a public project
- Synchronize issues with a partner who is using Jira Cloud while you are using Jira Server or vice versa.
Backbone supports the full set of features to synchronize issues between Jira Server and Jira Cloud. The only limitation is having to configure it on the Jira Server side.
In this guide, you will configure Backbone so that it synchronizes issues between a project on Jira Server and a project on Jira Cloud. This guide assumes the other project already exists.
- Install Backbone Issue Sync in both Jiras.
Create a new synchronization between both projects in the Jira Server instance.
- Configure Issue Type Mappings and Field Mappings.
Congratulations! The basic configuration is now complete. You can now add Attachment, Comment or Workflow Mappings if desired.
Good to know
- Synchronizations between Jira Server and Jira Cloud are always configured on the Jira Server side.
- Backbone must be installed and licensed on both sides.
- The Jira Server instance must be able to connect to the Jira Cloud instance and our backend on https://backbone-issue-sync.addons.k15t.com via HTTPS. No connection from Jira Cloud to Jira Server is necessary.