Cannot create new issue without mapped issue type
An issue does not get synchronized and appears in the troubleshooting section with the category Cannot create new issue and a message such as Cannot create new issue without mapped issue type for received issue PA-123.
The most common reason for this error is that there is a field that is appearing on a screen more than once.
Run the following SQL query towards the database to see if there is a duplicate field in a screen:
select f.name, i.fieldidentifier, count(*) from fieldscreen f, fieldscreenlayoutitem i, fieldscreentab t where f.id = t.fieldscreen and i.fieldscreentab = t.id group by f.name, i.fieldidentifier having count(*) > 1;CODE
- Does running the query return a result? If there is no result, please open a support ticket at email@example.com. If there is a result shown by running the query above, it means that there is a duplicate in a screen. To remove it, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to JIRA Administration > Issues > Screens
- Look for the Screen mentioned in the SQL query result
- Click Configure and look for the mentioned field
- Remove one of the fields from the screen
Please also see this Jira knowledge base article for more details: CreateIssueMeta returns Duplicate Key error.